It’s been a while since I introduced you to another lipstick from my collection – you may have thought there couldn’t possibly be any more, but it’s quite amazing how many red lipsticks one woman can have. When you wear reds as often as I do, you become hyper aware of the very subtle differences between each colour, which completely justifies owning a ridiculous number of them, of course (of course). This is partly why I wrote a list of my top 5s a while back (before I’d got a decent camera, apologies) – and yes, this was one of them, but I’ve never shown you it properly so here it is.
And now’s the best time for it, as it really works well with the darker colours of cold-weather clothes; it’s essentially a brown red. I actually think it’s perhaps even slightly browner than these photos came out, but this is pretty accurate as to how it looks on me. I’m not sure it’s going to be a colour for everyone, but if you’ve got warm tones to your skin or hair it might be worth a go if you fancy a change from a standard postbox red. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just feel a bit more brown than red… Which might be something to do with the copious amounts of leopard print I wear!
- Unique, pigmented colour – what Mac are good for!
- Truly matte
- Not the most expensive lipstick out there
- A great twist on a classic red lip
- Very drying, needs a primer underneath
- It’s not going to suit everyone, you definitely need some warmth in your colouring because of the brown undertones
- Casing – I’m always keen to point out I don’t like the Mac tubes because they’re identical and the names of the colours rub off…
And while I’m here, I did my first ever guest blog recently on the topic of buying shoes for awkward feet. If yours are half-sized or narrow like mine, you might be interested to read my ramblings on the subject over at Shoeperwoman.