More than my outfits are changing…

CiCi Marie profiles

You might have sensed a quietening in my corner of the internet for the past month or so. Partly, it is the annual winter slump (which I’ve talked about a little too much already), but actually there’s been more to it than that this time around.

You see, it’s quite hard to muster up the energy to maintain a blog when you’re a little preoccupied with keeping your breakfast down (not a successful endeavour on all days attempted) and staying awake (hello,ย 7pm bedtime!)…

CiCi Marie first pregnancy announcement

Surprise! Yeah, I’m sure it’s sooo surprising coming from a woman of a certain age that’s just got married, huh? You’re all open-mouthed with shock. As commonplace as it may be, however, it’s nothing less of a shock to me that there’s an actual baby growing in my belly! Going for the first scan I think my jaw dropped open when it appeared on the screen.

Which, my friends, was frankly… quite stupid. Because this little guy or girl may only be the size of an orange, but it’s sure not been an easy ride getting it to that size. And look, I’m one of those people that always vomits at the first sign of illness, morning sickness and the fact I had it wasn’t a shocker to me, but constant nausea that has no relief (not even the vomiting)… that’s something else. But how I managed to convince myself there might not be anything going on in there with that ever-present symptom is going to be something I look back and shake my head on, I’m sure.

But the thing is you don’t know until you see it if everything is at it should be. Especially if it’s a first baby and your body doesn’t look pregnant. Luckily for us, so far, so good! And yes, we are lucky. No, I haven’t enjoyed the first trimester and I resent that women who get pregnant are frowned on for complaining about feeling like utter crap for over two months (the sickness is just one part of the pretty grim picture, believe me), but I can still recognise that this is all something of a miracle.

So there you go, I haven’t been out to shoot in zero degree temperatures so much this season, but hey, I’m more susceptible to every infection going so it’s probably for the best my body had other ideas about blog work or basically anything that doesn’t involve laying on the sofa watching Netflix under a blanket, trying to force some form of nutrition into my body while not throwing up. I’m planning to get back into the swing of outfit posts, but obviously I may have a bump to accommodate for a while! It’s kind of a shame that I’ll be at my biggest in my favourite season (all those sundresses I can’t wear!), but hey at least I don’t have to buy coats… And yay for a summer baby! And for what it’s worth, the sickness is pretty much gone now at 15 weeks – hurrah!

I’m not going to jinx my due date by revealing it to the world, but as long as all goes to plan we’ll see the end of the summer out with a new addition to our little family. I’m not sure if anyone wants me to talk about the experience, but I will be talking about dressing for it because… kinda won’t have a choice (it’s quite a small bump at the moment though – lucky me)! Until next time!

1. February 3, 2018 / 9:12 am

Congratulations again lovely, it’s wonderful news. And I am sure you will continue to be very stylish as the pregnancy progresses! Xx

February 3, 2018 / 9:23 am

๐Ÿ™‚ I can but try! Although it’s amazing how little of my wardrobe I’m going to actually be able to wear soon – some investment is needed! xx

2. February 3, 2018 / 9:12 am

Congratulation, that so sweet. I’m really happy for you. xx

February 3, 2018 / 9:23 am

Aw thanks Anna ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

3. February 3, 2018 / 3:07 pm

Congratulations to you both! How exciting!!! I wouldnโ€™t write off wearing cute sundresses just yet – once you start feeling better, you may find some cute options!! I am so happy for you! Youโ€™ll make an adorable mommy to be and a fantastic mom!

February 4, 2018 / 7:54 am

As it happens… may have bought one already in a January sale! But all the ones I own aren’t going to be much good, which is sad times… Thanks for the lovely comment <3

4. February 3, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Congratulations. Very exciting news. I’m glad that the sickness is starting to wear off.

February 4, 2018 / 7:54 am

Thank you! And that makes two of us…!

5. Sascha
    February 3, 2018 / 7:13 pm

Wow! Fabulous. It will be so worth it in the end! Good luck!

February 4, 2018 / 7:54 am

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s what everyone tells me – and hey there must be a reason people go through it more than once, right?!

6. February 3, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Congratulations!!!

February 4, 2018 / 7:55 am

Thank you!

7. December
    February 3, 2018 / 9:08 pm

Congratulations!!! Hopefully the first-trimester sickness stays gone and the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I’m sure I’m not the only reader to think that a baby bump is the cutest thing ever, so bring it on ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t wait!

February 4, 2018 / 7:56 am

It’s reassuring if people think bumps are cute cos there’s not much I can do about having one ๐Ÿ˜‰ thank you!

8. February 4, 2018 / 8:04 am

Congratulations!!! I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t been feeling well, and hopefully you’ll be better soon, and able to start putting energy towards fun stuff again!

February 5, 2018 / 1:09 pm

Thanks! And at least the worst is over – I managed to take a set of photos at the weekend where I didn’t look and feel completely grey, so hurrah for that!

9. February 4, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Congratulations!!! So very exciting – and I have no doubt you will be the most stylish mum-to-be around! So happy to hear you’re starting to feel better morning-sickness wise. ๐Ÿ™‚

February 5, 2018 / 1:09 pm

So everyone keeps saying – pressure!! It’s going to be a challenge being very short and the shape of a balloon, but I’ll see what I can do…!

10. February 5, 2018 / 2:29 am

Congratulations! I’m sorry that it’s been rough going, but hopefully things will smooth out a bit from here. Best of luck with everything! It’s going to be such an adventure for you and your husband.

February 5, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Thanks! They’re already so much better, although I think I’m one of those women that doesn’t take pregnancy well because there’s always something not fun going on with my body right now! Oh well, it could be a lot worse!!

11. Karen
    February 5, 2018 / 10:01 am

Congratulations – and all the very best of luck! Kx

February 5, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Thank you! I feel like I need it!! x

12. Jessie
    February 6, 2018 / 3:11 pm

Congratulations; what exciting news! You and your husband make a gorgeous pair, so that little one is terribly lucky with the gene pool. All the best xx

February 7, 2018 / 1:01 pm

Aw, that’s such a nice comment ๐Ÿ™‚ thank you! x

13. February 6, 2018 / 5:38 pm

I know I congratulated you on IG, but I shall congratulate you again.

As for the nipper arriving at your favourite time of year – think of the birthday parties you’ll be able to throw! And you won’t have to worry about his/her birthday being too close to Christmas. That’s good timing ๐Ÿ™‚

February 7, 2018 / 1:01 pm

Thanks! And yes that thought had crossed my mind – birthday parties in the peak of summer HURRAH!!

14. Melody
    February 7, 2018 / 9:38 am

Congrats! I hopethe morning sickness goes away soon. I would recommend a Freddies of Pinewood maternity top…my daughter is 4 months old now…& I still wear it so it’s def the best top I invested in. Xx

February 7, 2018 / 1:02 pm

It’s pretty much gone now thank you! I have been looking at that top, it’s super cute. But a bit worried it might swamp me as the smallest size is a 10 and I’m narrow-shouldered. If you have an opinion on that do let me know!

• Melody
        February 13, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Glad to hear the sickness has gone…hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I was worried the shoulders on tje Freddies top were too narrow on me…but my hubby said it looked fine. The top slopes a lot on the shoulders so hopefully it won’t be too wide?? I have always found the Freddies team very helpful…perhaps you could email them for more details. Xx

February 18, 2018 / 5:39 pm

That’s really good to know – thanks for replying! I did find when I once had to return a pair of jeans that the team seemed a bit reluctant to let me do that (they were of the opinion I just bought the wrong size, when I knew it wasn’t the size, it was the fact I’m so short and the jeans were too high rise to be comfortable for me as they sat on my ribcage), which kind of put me off buying from them unless I was really sure about the item. So that’s where my hesitancy is coming from… Although I can appreciate it’s hard to know anyone’s tone over an email! x

15. Lucy J
    March 9, 2018 / 6:13 am

Oh my goodness! congrats! You must be so excited!