Outfit: marvellous mint

Normal service on the blog is resumed – for now anyway. When I get the wedding photos back I give it a week before you’re all sick of them, but meanwhile there’s nothing else for it than to get back to my summer outfits (even if the weather disagrees)! Oh and a quick reminder – there’s 2 days left to win tickets to the Vintage Carnival this Saturday in Leicester.
As you’ll know if you’ve been following along for any length of time, summer is my favourite season and I would be quite happy to never see autumn again if I could keep it (which is basically blasphemy if you’re a fashion blogger, cos we’re meant to be all #layers). I seem to have boundless inspiration for summer looks, although perhaps that’s because I get about 10 days a year to wear them so it just feels like a lot?! That being said, my summer wardrobe is ridiculously disproportionate to my winter one, which really is stupid for someone who lives in the UK. And yet, I’m still adding to it all the time, like with this new Bridget top from Hell Bunny. It’s in their Melissa shape and I just find it so comfortable and flattering and I will one day have all the colours. I had to snap up this gingham one in case it sold out because it’s too adorable and black and white gingham is so easy to wear. I’m wearing this top to death at the moment, it’s definitely my new favourite.
I’ve had a bit of a thing for wearing monochrome with mint recently – it ended up being the colour theme I chose for my minimoon recently. You’re all looking at me like she colour-themed her minimoon now, right? Just my clothes – it makes it so much easier to pack if you choose things that all go with each other, I’m not mad… Or so desperate to cling onto wedding planning that I colour-theme my life now (believe me, I’m glad to see the back of it). Anyway, with my new Banned handbag it was time to bring these colours to the blog.
Mint green and monochrome 50s inspired summer outfit

Alternate Normality white waterfall hair flower comb

Mint green and monochrome 50s inspired summer outfit

Bridget gingham top by Hell Bunny

Mint green Emily bag by Dancing Days, Banned

Mint green and monochrome 50s inspired summer outfit

Bridget gingham top by Hell Bunny

Bridget gingham top by Hell Bunny

Mint green and monochrome 50s inspired summer outfit
Top: Bridget by Hell Bunny (use CICIM20!% for 20% off; check other retailers for more sizes)
Brooch: vintage, gift
Bracelet: Kate Spade (old)
Shoes: Lindy Bop (no longer available)

1. June 27, 2017 / 12:55 pm

I believe you have tired yourself out with the amazing planning you did for the wedding, but do I still feel a little bridal vibe in your hair? 😉

• June 27, 2017 / 12:58 pm

Yeah, you got me! These photos were actually taken before the wedding and I was getting a bit excited 🙂

2. June 27, 2017 / 2:03 pm

NO BRING IT ON – BRING ON ALL THE WEDDING PHOTOS!!! <3

Also, a preview of this post showed the waist up and I thought "cute black and white look!" and then I got the surprise pop of mint with the skirt and bag and I LOVE IT EVEN MORE! The perfect pop of color!

• June 29, 2017 / 12:59 pm

Yeah well you're all saying that now… 10 posts in you might be ready to never see a wedding dress again ;D

Mint goes with a surprising amount of colours, but I love it like this. Plus it's such a feel-good colour, I think 🙂

3. June 27, 2017 / 2:30 pm

What a fun combination! Mint and black and white gingham – I wouldn't have thought to put them together, but it really works. It's summery, but in an unexpected way. I'm loving the hair flowers too, such a pretty touch.

• June 29, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I didn't realise I was doing anything that interesting but it seems more unusual than I thought!!

4. June 27, 2017 / 3:30 pm

Pretty, oh so pretty! I'm inspired – I have some gingham trousers and mint top I might throw together. I see you're wearing the skirt that has the matching top, isn't it great how it is both a skirt and dress in one? Perfect for packing! I do like a red lip with mint too. The flowers do have a slightly bridal vibe, but I can't blame you!! xx

• June 29, 2017 / 1:01 pm

I definitely want to see an outfit I've inspired – my ego is very pleased 😉 Yes I'm just sad they didn't release the matching shorts in that set in the mint colourway because I really wanted to make a cute playsuit out of it 🙁 xx

5. June 28, 2017 / 8:59 am

Mint is such a good colour on you and this outfit is absolutely no exception – the combination with gingham is inspired! Kx

6. June 28, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Well, I for one love all the summer stuff because the southern united states is ENDLESS SUMMER. So Its nicce to have some inspration. 😀 But, i can understand it not being the most practical of wardrobe choices for where you live.

• June 29, 2017 / 1:01 pm

Doesn't mean it's gonna stop me 😉

7. June 29, 2017 / 12:30 pm

That bag!!! So good to see it on the blog, because I mean how great are Banned bags? I definitely need more of them in my life 😛 I love that the shoes and top have matching prints, and mint and gingham is not a combination I would have thought of and it looks great. Also nice to see that Collectif skirt styled separately! I totally get why you love summer outfits – they're easy and fun to style – and they look great. I mean I like autumn and yeah I'm going to be all #layers but summer has a better range of colours and prints to work with – like gingham 😀

• June 29, 2017 / 1:02 pm

They're so good and I feel like they're really good value for money – all three of mine are so well made and none of them were over £40. Seriously, they're bargains for the designs and the workmanship. Yes definitely, you feel so inclined to wear dark colours in autumn and it's just yaaaawn. Also I fooled you – the shoes are houndstooth 😉

8. June 29, 2017 / 12:52 pm

Oh my gawd this outfit print/colour combo is so good and I agree with the summer outfit styling! I really want that Collectif set btw but it looks so good with this top as well, love it. I love those hair flowers too, I'd love to get some for myself.. They look stunning as do you! P.s. bring on the wedding photos, I'm sooooo excited to see them!!! xx

• June 29, 2017 / 1:03 pm

Aw thanks! And glad there seems to be some love for the wedding photos cos you're gonna need that enthusiasm when you've seen 5,000 of them 😉 x

9. July 4, 2017 / 8:19 am

That's a smashing outfit. I got serious bag envy and then spotted it was Dancing Days – it's weird how that brand's not more popular as they do lovely stuff.

10. July 5, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Lovely combination, the mint is so lovely for summer.