Outfit: winter blue

Notice I didn’t call this post ‘winter blues’? Er, partly it’s because I think I called a post this before (guilty), but also because this year I haven’t felt as down about the cold as usual. I think it’s because I don’t have time to dwell on it as much and generally speaking, it’s not been too bad here this winter either – thanks, global warming.
So, let’s show you another Hell Bunny dress from this season, because they can do no wrong at the moment! I loved this plaid print the minute I saw it because it combines two of the easiest colours to style (and wear in the winter), black and navy. I was actually looking out for it in a swing style dress I saw in their catalogue, but that one doesn’t seem to have made production as sometimes happens. No matter, it certainly doesn’t hurt to have another great wiggle dress that’s also work appropriate in my wardrobe!
I love the details on this one – the cute double peter pan colour and the little puff sleeves, not to mention the darts at the bust. The dress was a pretty good fit in my usual XS (I find Hell Bunny’s sizing consistent usually), but I added the belt because my short proportions nearly always mean a fitted wiggle gaps a bit in the back. There’s so many ways to style black and navy, but I was itching for an excuse to wear my £10 Lindy Bop shoe bargains, even though they’re peep toes.
Peep toes and tights – that’s probably a divisive one, right? I happen to think it can look cute sometimes. Which is partly because my slim feet mean I always get on better with this style because I can size down, so I want it to look cute 😀 Plus, you know, I’m not done matching this sparkly silver bag with absolutely everything yet.
Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny with Tippi silver bag

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny with Tippi silver bag

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny with Tippi silver bag

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny

Hamilton wiggle dress by Hell Bunny with Tippi silver bag
Beret: ASOS
Belt: old
Bag: c/o Hell Bunny (use cicim20!% for 20% off)
Shoes: Lindy Bop
A note to say that this dress was courtesy of Blue Banana, who sell on a number of styles from repro brands like Hell Bunny, Voodoo Vixen and Banned and seem to have very affordable shipping options available internationally. Definitely one worth watching if you buy repro.

1. January 10, 2017 / 2:05 pm

I really love this dress! Very cute and practical, and you can never go wrong with plaid in the winter, especially with the cute shoulder detail and peter pan collar. It really suits you.
    Loving the silver and gray accessories with this. You must really have quite the beret collection – I swear you're wearing a different color one in every post! 😛 I really have to pick up a few more colors myself, they always look so good.

• January 14, 2017 / 3:33 pm

I do have a few berets, I'm not gonna lie… although I only bought three new ones last year 😀 They're so cheap to buy, there's no excuse not to coordinate them really 😉

2. January 10, 2017 / 2:06 pm

Ooh, such a cute little collar! I love this little dress, super easy to wear and definitly also work apropriate too!! Lovely details add interest and keep those dull winter month a little more cheerful!!!

• January 14, 2017 / 3:33 pm

It's that rare balance of work appropriate but nice enough you want to wear it for play too 🙂

3. January 10, 2017 / 2:24 pm

So cute!! I love this wiggle style on you – you're right, those sleeves and collar are darling!!

• January 14, 2017 / 3:33 pm

It'd be quite a standard dress without them, but with them it's something special!

4. January 10, 2017 / 2:43 pm

A resounding yes to hosiery/socks and open shoes/sandals. I love it! I have been meaning to do a tights and peep toe look so you've beaten me to it. Hell Bunny seem to have made much of their latest collection with you in mind, the dress is tip top on you. Smashing accessorising too. I haven't succumbed so much to the winter blues this time, too busy!! Xx

• January 14, 2017 / 3:34 pm

Phew, I thought I was going to get a backlash for a moment there 😉 Sorry to steal your peeptoe thunder, but great minds 🙂 xx

5. January 10, 2017 / 3:49 pm

This is so cute! You know I love tartan, and paired with the wiggle style of this dress, you look gorgeous! I personally think the peep toes and tights thing works and sometimes wear it myself, but I'm no fashion expert 😀
    Sian xx Rebel Angel

• January 14, 2017 / 3:35 pm

I swear someone once told me it was a big faux pas, but no one here seems to mind so maybe I imagined it!

6. January 11, 2017 / 9:32 am

Ah, that's a lovely dress. Blue looks good on you.

7. January 11, 2017 / 10:30 am

This dress is totally made for you, gorgeous! Loved how you have styled it as well with the gloves, beret and tights…very stylish! xo

8. January 11, 2017 / 3:22 pm

oh looks gorgeous! I wish I could pull that style off. I love the grey/silver and blue, something I would never think of but it looks great.

9. January 11, 2017 / 5:38 pm

omg that dress looks amazing
    those red lips are just sooo classy

love
    Karlien
    Polished Cats

10. January 12, 2017 / 1:44 am

Way to go Hell Bunny – what a timeless, elegant, classy dress! The fit on this one is really something though, the shoulders, bust and waist are constructed so well and give you the perfect 50s silhouette. Bonus points for making something you can wear to work – I'm sure you will be the envy of your coworkers!

11. January 12, 2017 / 4:48 am

For some reason I never really saw this dress or took notice of it but omg I love it!!! Perfect styling as always x

12. Anonymous
    January 12, 2017 / 6:00 pm

Hi Cici,

First of all a belated Happy New Year!
    I know, I'm quite late writing you but have been busy with family around, lol! that is what this time is for, isn't it?

You look great, like always, of this dress I like the neck and by the way… is this the first time I see you wearing gloves?
    I adore them 🙂
    And the bag is really nice as well.

I hope everything is going smooth after Xmas and New Year's Eve.

Take care,

Eva (from Luxembourg/Germany).

• January 14, 2017 / 3:37 pm

Aw nice to hear from you again Eva! I am just happy whenever anyone takes the time to write to me. I don't wear gloves that often, no – they've appeared a few times I think but no more than that. I have very few pairs really, which is a bit shameful considering where I live 😉 Hope you had a lovely break!

13. January 15, 2017 / 9:05 pm

Great dress, really good shape on you and the blue and black plaid is lovely for winter. Nice with the silver pops.

14. January 16, 2017 / 10:58 am

You look so super cute in this dress! I love it! <3

xx
    Sandra

15. January 30, 2017 / 9:54 pm

<3 Peter pan collars and puff sleeves– a few of my favorite things! <3 I love the cuffs on this dress too! Such an adorably cute dress on you! Love the way you've styled it too <3