Outfit: the cutest Christmas cardigan

I gave you fair warning – last post I said Christmas was coming…
And here it is! Actually I really did give you a tonne of warning about this particular cardigan because I started going on about it long before the festive period had chance to get going. This is, without a doubt, my new favourite item of Christmas novelty-wear. What I find so particularly genius about it is it has that gorgeous vintage 50s shape, and then it goes and tops that by having sparkly Christmas puddings all over it – but it’s pretty subtle about it. From a distance, it probably doesn’t look festive at all but then the joy when you get closer! I don’t care what anyone else thinks, I think this is one classy Christmas jumper and I am going to wear the heck out of it from now until January and just you try to stop me! It helps it’s in my very favourite shade of blue ๐Ÿ˜€
Shall I tell you what I don’t like about this outfit though? These tights. Oh yeah, they look all pretty at first glance, but look a bit closer… See how they’re wrinkled in every photo? Little do you know I was pulling them up after every single shot and they still ended up looking like that. That was genuinely the best I could do with them. And then, to top that epic fail at their main purpose, I wore them with ankle boots and where the boot contacted the material, all of the sparkly lurex kind of gathered and puckered and looked like I had a weird lumpy, sparkly leg disease. So all in all, for the love of everything do not buy these tights. Don’t let the glitter tempt you.
Oh and don’t forget, you can get 20% off this cardigan (although they only have the black right now, so check stockists for the blue) or bag with the code cicim20!% on hellbunny.com (and anything else there for that matter).
Hell Bunny Christmas outfit with December cardigan and Tippi bag

Hell Bunny Christmas outfit with December cardigan and Tippi bag

Red beret with blue cardigan

Hell Bunny Christmas outfit with December cardigan and Tippi bag

Hell Bunny December Christmas cardigan in light blue

Hell Bunny December Christmas cardigan in light blue

Hell Bunny Christmas outfit with December cardigan and Tippi bag

Hell Bunny December Christmas cardigan in light blue

Hell Bunny Tippi bag in silver with red ankle strap shoes

Hell Bunny Christmas outfit with December cardigan and Tippi bag
Hat: Louche (old)
Skirt: Tesco (old)
Tights: ASOS
Shoes: Irregular Choice via Schuh (last season)
ย

1. November 27, 2016 / 4:05 pm

I love all what you wear, but this cardigan is so cute <3

• November 28, 2016 / 1:03 pm

Definitely agree ๐Ÿ˜€ and thank you!

2. November 27, 2016 / 7:02 pm

I love the mix of color going on here! It's festive but not too over the top. Your sweater is the cutest and you rock berets like no other. Also, those tights look fantastic despite the bunching up going on. I know how frustrating that is! I hate when I end up with saggy tights.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

• November 28, 2016 / 1:04 pm

Thanks – although it was the easiest cheat in the book – I just stole the colours from the cardigan ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think these tights have made me realise there's a reason I don't usually buy tights from any company other than a good quality UK highstreet shop!

3. November 27, 2016 / 7:15 pm

Such a cute cardigan! That is a shame about the tights. Overall super cute outfit! <3

4. November 27, 2016 / 8:12 pm

I am chuckling so much about your tights. I wore some today that were gradually slipping down and taking my knickers with them!!! Let's take a moment to appreciate that cardi – festive fabulous. I love it on you. If you really want sparkle tights, Falke do 'stardust' tights and there are other brands on UK Tights that do sparkly ones. Good luck finding some!! Xx

• November 28, 2016 / 1:05 pm

I have some that do that too! From Primark – I now only buy fleece-lined tights from them as the normal ones drive me too crazy. How is it even possible to make tights that badly they don't perform the simple function of staying up?! I think I've gone off sparkly tights for a while, actually… xx

5. November 27, 2016 / 9:17 pm

Very lovely outfit, I truly love the cardigan. Is it the same material as the Paloma cardigans (and same fit?) or is it fluffier, because it looks fluffier (and warmer). So lovely and subtle ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm also really beginning to like that bag, I went to our local Hell Bunny stockist and admired the bag, but somehow managed to convince myself I don't need it. YET. I hope my bf would buy it for me as a Christmas present, but I have this itch that it's going to be sold out before that. I'd buy it myself but I spent too much money on other stuff already that I can't afford it ๐Ÿ˜€

• November 28, 2016 / 1:07 pm

No it's not the same material! It is, indeed, fluffier and I'd say a bit warmer for that too. It's not itchy though, which is crucial for me. And it still has that super stretchy thing going on for it that the Paloma cardigans have. I really love it! Well, as far as the bag goes, before I got it I was like 'will I really use a silver bag with a lot of outfits?' and now I'm literally putting it with everything in these colder months. So I can vouch for that at least!

6. November 28, 2016 / 2:27 am

Looking super cute! I like that the cardigan isn't too over the top – it's sweet and pretty and festive without being demanding about it, if that makes sense. And this is the perfect outfit to pair it with! Loving those shoes.

• November 28, 2016 / 1:07 pm

Definitely, you've summarised all the reasons I love it too ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus it's cosy and a lovely fit because of the stretch!

7. November 28, 2016 / 5:29 am

hello,ciao…nice post!…this outfit is very charming on you!…the photo 640px10.jpg is very nice,your stunning eyes shine magic!
    cheers,happy festive season!

• November 28, 2016 / 1:08 pm

I always look forward to seeing which picture is your favourite ;D

8. November 28, 2016 / 11:06 am

I am SO excited to see this cardigan! I gasped when I saw it in your post from Edge – and then accepted that there's not a chance in hell I could get away with wearing that in December where I live! That doesn't mean however that it doesn't absolutely delight me to see it on you and styled so perfectly festively too! I love the flirty 50s sweater girl look that it creates and the fact that the puddings are shiny beads!

• November 28, 2016 / 1:09 pm

I'm so glad you recognise them as puddings – I thought I was going mad when everyone commented and said the pattern was merely holly when I first featured it. Like I see food in everything or something?!

9. November 28, 2016 / 11:14 am

The cardigan is adorable! Too annoying about the tights–tights definitely need to be 'tight', not loose and baggy–I've had a few frustrating pairs that fit like that, too!

• November 28, 2016 / 1:09 pm

It's such a waste of money, it makes me so cross! The clue is in the name, tights manufacturers!!

10. November 29, 2016 / 11:20 am

What an adorable cardigan, and so subtle too. So rare to find an elegant Christmas jumper. It looks great, the colour and shape suit you perfectly. The colours you have styled it with work so well, but I would never have thought of combining them!

• November 29, 2016 / 1:54 pm

To be fair I cheated because I just borrowed from the holly pattern ๐Ÿ˜‰

11. November 30, 2016 / 8:54 am

This cardigan is amazing!!! Love your styling! I really want to start breaking out my festive looks! x

12. December 2, 2016 / 1:29 am

Ugh- I hate baggy tights too! Absolutely the most annoying thing to deal with ๐Ÿ™ On a positive note- this sweater is lovely! I can see why it is your new favourite. It looks so soft and warm, and the fitted style is really nice and dressy looking.
    The Artyologist

13. December 17, 2016 / 11:34 pm

This cardigan is sooooo everything I look for in a novelty "print" small enough from the distance it just looks pretty, than close up you are like, ooh! Wait! Puddings! I'm in love with a sweater. Haha!

โค