Outfit: pink and green

When I put this dress on, I had planned to go all out pink and white matching. It was a bit much, though, even for me. So, I pushed myself to try to be a bit more imaginative and hey, there’s lots of accessories I have that I hardly ever or indeed have never worn, like that green headscarf that I bought thinking it was mint green and it turned up being a bit more neon than that (come to think of it, it was born to go with this skirt where the same thing happened)… And pink and green might just look good together…
But how do I make it look like the headscarf isn’t just something I threw on so I wasn’t in head to toe pink…? Ah yes, that necklace I made of my logo earlier this year! Wait a minute… pink and green… Yep, I’ve actually dressed like my blog’s colour-scheme. I am a walking, talking, advert for cici-marie.com. My own website may have subliminally brainwashed me.
I actually think this is a really cute look, though, once you get past the brazen self-promotion. This is another dress from Collectif’s Bright & Beautiful range and the fit isn’t quite as good through the shoulders as on my other dress (short girl problems), but the waist is spot on and it still looks good so I think I get away with it. It’s a really fun, floaty material that I’ve attempted to illustrate with some spinning shots below. Not always in focus kinds of attempted, but it’ll have to do (in case anyone needs reminding that B and I are amateur photographers!). I do wish it was a bit shorter on me, for that proper 60s mini look, but at least at this length I’m not going to flash anyone. It’s also lined, which does seem to help the skirt drape better. All-in-all, a comfy and cute summer dress that wouldn’t take up a lot of room in a summer holiday suitcase, so thumbs up for that.
Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Wearing the CiCi Marie colour-scheme!

Wearing the CiCi Marie colour-scheme!

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham

Bright & Beautiful Lizzy 60s sundress pink oversized gingham
Necklace: me made
Shoes: c/o Sandgrens Clogs (no longer available)

1. July 5, 2016 / 12:30 pm

Love these three shades of pink and a pop of green together – a beautiful combination! Also the necklace is an awesome idea, I imagine that anytime someone asks you have the opportunity to hand them a business card. I am not too familiar with the terminology for different 60s styles, but this outfit totally brings to mind something a member of a 60s bubblegum pop/girl group would wear! A very sugary and sweet look 😀

• July 5, 2016 / 12:37 pm

Ha, I would hand them a business card if I knew what I'd done with all the ones I printed this year…! Blog promotion at its finest, right there. I guess people are more likely to ask if that's really my name before we got onto the blog 😉 I was going for bubblegum pop/girl group, so yay (I don't know what you'd call it either, that works for me)!

2. July 5, 2016 / 1:28 pm

LOOOVE the green you paired with this dress – it's so summery and bright!

3. July 5, 2016 / 1:36 pm

So much gorgeousness! It's so wonderfully summery, which is much needed. The fabric does look lovely and floaty, as you've so ably demonstrated with your twirling (cute!). I know you're a '50s girl at heart but this style really works on you, and I can imagine it on holiday like you say, perhaps with some flat sparkly sandals and a big hat. It would certainly be short enough on me, that I can guarantee! I hope you're having a good week xx

• July 6, 2016 / 12:45 pm

I'm a 50s girl who the 60s suits better, I think… how inconvenient 😉 xx

4. July 5, 2016 / 6:44 pm

You subconsciously knew that it was a perfect colour combination 🙂
    I love gingham, and this is seriously inspiring me to do something with some pink gingham I have in my stash.
    The Artyologist

5. July 5, 2016 / 8:33 pm

This look is SO CUTE! I'm so glad I discovered your blog recently. I looove the pink and green paired together!

Lee – leethrifts.com

• July 6, 2016 / 12:46 pm

Aww, love hearing from new readers – hello! 🙂

6. July 5, 2016 / 10:01 pm

The pink and green look perfect together! I mean, is it really a surprise? It is, as you said, the colors of your logo. 😛 This is a really fun, sweet look, and one that's perfectly suited to you. There are much worse things that serving as advertising for your own blog, especially when the results are so cute!

• July 6, 2016 / 12:46 pm

Yeah I work in marketing, so I can't lie, I'm totally ok with tooting my own horn 😉

7. July 6, 2016 / 12:32 am

This is all so cue, and the necklace and the shoes seem extra special!

8. July 6, 2016 / 4:36 am

this outfit Pink & green is a Dream! ..so Fabolous!…so Marvellous on You!—also the PinkShoes are the perfect match!!!!…like the photos of You trying to nmove the skirt…Great!…what a apity You didnt make a video…
    happy day

• July 6, 2016 / 12:47 pm

Ah, I should have made a video you're right! This was one of those shoots we didn't have a lot of time to prepare for or do, but we'll have to get back on it again with the videos some day soon when life isn't so hectic 🙂

• July 7, 2016 / 4:27 am

Goodmorning CiCi,Thank You,I guess it will be a great video!

9. July 6, 2016 / 9:55 am

Such a wonderful summer style dress, love the pink gingham and I love the green and pink together! I'm currently after a pair of clogs similar to yours! xo

10. July 6, 2016 / 11:15 am

This dress is so cute and it looks perfect with green! I love the styling for this outfit and your necklace is awesome! Such a fun outfit x

11. July 6, 2016 / 12:46 pm

Your dress and shoes would be lovely on their own, but you have produced such a great look by adding the green – perfectly summery!

• July 6, 2016 / 12:47 pm

It did feel like it shouldn't work, but it totally did. Fashion blogger win 😀

12. July 6, 2016 / 1:17 pm

The pop of green is a nice touch – the overall look is so fresh.

13. July 7, 2016 / 8:39 am

Super pretty outfit! The colours here are powerfully sweet in the best kind of way and feel like they could (and should) be on the official flag, where their one, for the month of July.

xoxo ♥ Jessica

14. July 7, 2016 / 11:33 am

Very cute! Love the combination of pink and green.

15. July 7, 2016 / 3:51 pm

Cute dress. Love the color combo! Also, that's so fun that you are matching your blog theme! 😉

16. July 8, 2016 / 8:20 pm

That dress is gorgeous and so floaty! I love fabrics like that, but on my 5'8 frame it would be as short as on the model… which is too short for my taste. If it was the same length on me as it is on you, I could totally grab it for myself 🙂

17. July 9, 2016 / 10:29 pm

I like the added sharpness of the green to the sugary pink. How fabulous to be a walking advert for your blog. Very well co-ordinated!

18. Anonymous
    July 16, 2016 / 10:37 am

First: it´s pink, my favourite colour!
    Second: I had a bag like that when I was a child (small size of course)
    Third: I do love Gingham!

Very nice and pretty Dress!
    I love the Combo with green mint, very summery and fresh look.

Have a great Weekend!

Eva (from Luxembourg/Germany)

Eva

19. August 16, 2016 / 11:42 pm

As one who has gone out in all pink and pink or pink and white, this pink and green is such a fresh combo! I could see navy with it as well! So lovely on you!

20. August 25, 2016 / 9:59 am

Such a pretty outfit! The green goes so well. I was in Collectif recently and didn't know where to look first and as I wasn't in the market for buying, I just left as there was too much prettiness taunting me!