Outfit: a chocoholic’s dream

I am obsessed with chocolate. People tend to look me up and down at this point, as if they expect me to be about five stone heavier than I am, but what you’ve got to understand is I eat pretty healthily the rest of the time – and I walk a lot. Both of these lifestyle choices are deliberate to allow me to eat all the chocolate. If it wasn’t for those things, who knows… So when it came to this Victory Parade fabric and this Vendula London bag, I could no more resist them than I can a 3 for 2 deal in Hotel Chocolat.
The Victory Parade chocolate pattern fabric was love at first sight when I came across it last year at London Edge 2015. I mean, have you ever seen a print like this? If you’ve been following along recently you’ll know that when I visited their stand this year I discovered that they were almost out of the material. There was just enough left to make one more piece – andΒ what a piece it is! Victory Parade are at the top price end of British repro brands – and now that I own something by them I understand why. It is such good quality – you’ll see the gorgeous pleating detail below, but what you can’t see is the stiff waistband (made out of the same material). It hangs so well – and because it was made to order, I was able to request a slightly roomier size 8 (vs the size guide) and the fit is consequently perfect. I couldn’t believe how quickly it arrived either! And while they may not have any more chocolates, they have so many more unique prints to love, from lighthouses to watermelons.
Just like in real life, I couldn’t stop at one piece of chocolate, not when there was a whole display of them on a bag. I love Vendula’s designs and the shop fronts are particularly amazing. This one is is even more incredible because of all the 3D details like the hanging shop sign (see below)! The pink awning of the chocolatier range was also too pretty to resist. This year I’ve been wearing a lot of colours outside of my usual favourites (like purple and green) and pink is definitely another one of those I usually avoid. Yet, every time I do wear it someone I know compliments me on how nice it looks. I remember my mum telling me when I was younger and going through my pink-hating phase that I needed to get over myself soon because it suited me so well. About 15 years later I’m finally coming round to the idea (better late than never) and this cute bag is certainly helping. As is the super sparkly pink jewellery from Bow and Crossbones.
However, more than pink and sparkles, I think what I like about this outfit best of all is that I can pretend that my skirt chocolates came from my bag’s shop… I think I’ve reached some sort of novelty print pinnacle with that, right?
Hell Bunny Paloma pink cardigan, Victory Parade chocolate print skirt and Vendula London Chocolatier grab bag

Vendula London Chocolatier Grab Bag

Bow and Crossbones pink glitter jewellery and Vendula London Chocolatier Grab Bag

Bow and Crossbones pink glitter Vivien earrings and Matilda atomic brooch

3D details on Vendula London Chocolatier Grab Bag
Bow and Crossbones pink glitter Vivien earrings

Victory Parade chocolate print skirt with pink belt

Bow and Crossbones pink glitter Vivien earrings and Matilda atomic brooch

Earrings: ‘Vivien’ Bow and Crossbones
Cardigan: ‘Paloma’ Hell Bunny
Brooch: ‘Matilda’ Bow and Crossbones
Belt: eBay
Skirt: Victory Parade (chocolate fabric out of stock)
Tights: Pamela Mann
Shoes: Marks & Spencer (very similar)

1. March 6, 2016 / 8:35 am

Good morning beauty! Well don't you look good enough to eat? I am so pleased to finally see the chocolate skirt being modelled, it looks fabulous on you! The pinks work well with it, this is a very pretty and Spring like outfit. Have a super Sundayxx

• March 6, 2016 / 1:44 pm

I know, I'm posting all my outfits in weird orders again as I definitely have more wintry looks still in the pipeline! I tend to be motivated by whether or not the sun is out rather than how warm it is, really… And it was briefly lovely the day we took these photos! xx

2. March 6, 2016 / 11:39 am

I've been eyeing of all of Victory Parade's clothing for quite some time now but I just haven't been able to order anything as of yet! I love everything about this outfit, especially the skirt and that bag…so gorgeous! xo

• March 6, 2016 / 1:49 pm

Yeah, it took me a year and then I just had to go for it or miss out! They're definitely investment pieces, but so worth it x

3. March 6, 2016 / 1:02 pm

Ahhh I've been so looking forward to seeing this skirt! The way you have styled it is so lovely, you could not have picked a more perfect bag and the sparkly pink earrings and brooch are wonderful with everything πŸ˜€ Seriously though that is such a tasty print, as a serious sugar fiend I don't think I could own anything in this print because I have a hard time staying away from chocolate as it is hehe!

Deco Darling

• March 6, 2016 / 1:50 pm

It doesn't do me any favours wearing chocolates all day – I bet I'm worse with sugar πŸ˜‰ This bag was made for this skirt <3 x

4. March 6, 2016 / 1:19 pm

This skirt is such fun! I love the print! And it goes so well with the pink. I like how the look is really quite simple, letting the print really shine. And the bag is too cute, swoon!!!!!

• March 6, 2016 / 1:51 pm

I've already planned how I'm going to wear it in summer – and it's yet more pink πŸ˜‰

5. March 6, 2016 / 1:38 pm

Wow what gorgeous details on that bag, the hanging sign is too cute! I can't believe how well your skirt and bag match, it's perfect! Now I need to go buy some chocolate…

• March 6, 2016 / 1:54 pm

I know right?! As soon as I saw this bag I knew exactly what it was made to go with… x

6. March 6, 2016 / 6:48 pm

That is one spectacularly sweet skirt! (Pun intended – but it's also the complete truth, too.) I worked in a candy store in my teen years and have been drawn to candy themed clothes, jewelry and pretty much anything ever since (okay, I loved such things before, too, but all the more so after that very interesting job experience), so this skirt honestly took my breath away. It's just so lovely and fun!!!

The Vendula London bag is, likewise, super delightful and such a great compliment to this confectioner's dream of a garment.

Big hugs,
    β™₯ Jessica

• March 9, 2016 / 9:47 pm

That would have been a good job for me! How fun that must have been – the smells! Glad you appreciate the sweet theme as much as me πŸ™‚ x

7. March 6, 2016 / 10:51 pm

I'm glad that you managed to get something made out of this print. It looks great with the bag, such a fun outfit!

8. March 7, 2016 / 3:32 am

What a fun print! Truly a sweet overload. I love how you've paired it with soft pink. It truly does suit you.

9. March 7, 2016 / 12:46 pm

This is such a fun look, but your pink cardigan adds a touch of elegance. I am also a chocoholic*, but I don't think I have a single item of clothes that reflects that! Kx *Except that I have given it up for lent – well, just eating chocolate on its own, it's OK in desserts!

• March 9, 2016 / 9:48 pm

I think I'd almost rather die than give up chocolate for any length of time! Well, maybe that's not true, but life would feel less worth living without it for sure!! x

10. March 7, 2016 / 2:22 pm

I cannot get over this outfit!!! I just love it – the pinks were the best tones to pair with the skirt and purse! I can totally see you pairing some mint and other greens though too – I think green would make the strawberries on the skirt pop!!

• March 9, 2016 / 9:49 pm

And, you know, mint choc chic ice cream is one of my favourites πŸ˜‰ I genuinely think mint goes with nearly everything – I can picture it with this skirt!

11. March 7, 2016 / 6:35 pm

You look like a walking, talking chocolate shop! I love it. As if the print weren't sweet enough, the purse and the pops of pink just take it up to the next level. Very fun and charming.

• March 9, 2016 / 9:49 pm

Ha, definitely was going for the walking chocolate shop angle πŸ˜‰

12. March 8, 2016 / 5:41 am

As a fellow chocolate lover I am in love with this skirt and bag! It's the perfect match!! That earring and brooch set is sooo pretty. Your ponytail looks super glam too x

• March 9, 2016 / 9:50 pm

I don't think anything will be matched this perfectly ever again πŸ˜€

13. March 8, 2016 / 9:50 am

The sweetest outfit indeed! The way you've co-ordinated everything is brilliant. I keep eyeing up VP's stuff; their prints are really eyecatching.

• March 9, 2016 / 9:51 pm

I know, they're so stunning and some of them are so unusual. I think that's what I especially love about them – they feel like such one-of-a-kind pieces πŸ™‚

14. March 8, 2016 / 12:03 pm

what a gorgeous ensemble. It's Spring !

15. March 8, 2016 / 3:30 pm

Such a cute outfit, and :O that skirt!! I'm most definitely a chocoholic too so I love it! The only issue would be that it would probably end up making me crave chocolate far too much seeing it on myself all day πŸ˜€ The bag and matching brooch and earrings are perfect with it too.
    And that's brilliant about the sizing – that's why I love making my own clothes, I can go right in between sizes to get something that's a perfect fit for me in a fabric I love. There are so many super cute fabrics out there though, all of which I want to make into something at some point!

• March 9, 2016 / 9:52 pm

I have constant cravings so I don't think it makes any difference to my willpower πŸ˜‰ and if only I could make my own clothes!! Some day I will learn to use my sewing machine… Some day…

16. March 9, 2016 / 7:14 pm

I love this outfit, such perfection! πŸ™‚ You look so sweet!

love, polly

17. March 10, 2016 / 8:38 am

Goodmorning CiCi, very nice!…this outfit is a charming work of Art!

18. March 10, 2016 / 5:08 pm

Your mom is so right. Pink suits you so well! Love this outfit on you! I'm glad you were able to get this skirt. I remember you talking about it some posts back. And THAT PURSE!!! I LOVE it! <3 It is soooooo adorable! It goes great with your skirt too! <3

19. March 29, 2016 / 11:50 pm

Not only have you reached a pinnacle of all the chocolate novelty prints, I really feel like you've reached a pinnacle of colour coordination! The pinks are perfectly picked with this ensemble ~ it's divinely sweet! ❀

20. June 21, 2016 / 12:30 pm

Oh how sweet! I'm in love wih the bag for ages! I'm so gonna buy it when I have enough money!