Outfit: la neige

If I put an outfit on and end up looking Parisian – or at least, what I tell myself looks Parisian – then as far as I’m concerned, that’s no bad thing.
And to be honest a lot of my outfits end up looking a bit French these days as it’s that time of the year that I’m really into berets again – I am more convinced than ever that they are the best hats in the world. Ok, so they’re not particularly the warmest of hats, but luckily for me we’ve not had a particularly cold winter so far (yeah, when it drops below zero now I basically asked for it). In fact, that’s one of the reasons I’m even able to bring you another outfit post so soon after the last – it’s not been too painful getting pictures outside recently (well, when you ignore the days of wind and rain). Despite what I’ve called this post, the most I’ve actually seen of snow this year has been in other bloggers’ pictures and on this new bag of mine. I am totally ok with that.
Anyway, my black beret is by far the most worn, but never more so than since getting my hands on these boots. There’s something rather neat about wearing an outfit that starts and ends with matching items. And seriously, these boots are pretty stylish on their own but with a matching beret? Ooh la la…
50s style winter outfit with Hell Bunny Paloma cardigan, stripe swing skirt, beret and knee high boots
Vendula Snowflake Grab Bag in black
Vendula Snowflake Grab Bag in black

Vendula London grab bag inside

Cute 50s style scatter brooches

Beret with side bun hairstyle

Beret: Primark (identical)
Circular brooch: c/o Chronically Vintage
Poodle brooch: c/o Eternal Collection
Belt: Marks & Spencer (similar)
Skirt: New Look (similar | similar petite)
Boots: Tamaris

So, I learned a valuable lesson in photography on this day: Don’t stand in front of a wall the same colour as your cardigan because your camera won’t be able to focus in 98% of the shots. And the shots you do get will make both your hair and face look ginger and very possibly ill.
What can I say, I like to remind you all I don’t know what I’m doing with my camera every now and then… Blogger problems…
Oh and before I go, if you like my bag you’ll love the competition that’s currently on the top right of my page – pick your favourite Vendula bag and you could win it 🙂 Can’t say fairer than that! (Tip: if you can’t see it, try using another browser.)

1. February 2, 2016 / 1:25 pm

Hello there poppet! Well there's a snowy theme in blogland today, I've just seen Kayla's snowflake dress and have hopped on over to see you with that delightful snowflake bag! I really like the cardigan-as-top (I need to do that more), and also the DOUBLE brooch action. Why didn't I think of that? I have some brooches that are teeny and don't always look right pinned on to a plain coloured top that doesn't have a collar or somewhere else obvious to pin it. So, double – maybe even triple? – brooch action might have to happen soon. I've been wearing my beret lots recently, it's just so cosy and you can shove it in your bag later.

Rightio, time for another cuppa! xx

• February 2, 2016 / 1:29 pm

I smiled when I saw Kayla's post, knowing mine was going to follow it AND that I nearly got that exact dress just to match it with this bag. It's a win for my obsessive compulsive matching disorder that I managed to resist…

Funnily enough, the double brooch action came about precisely because I couldn't choose which of these to wear and neither looked right just on their own – but together, work so well! Glad to be an inspiration, heh.

xx

2. February 2, 2016 / 1:50 pm

The one thing I noticed about Parisians was the scarves. The rest of their clothes didn't strike me as particularly noteworthy, but men and women alike wore scarves, folded in half with the ends tucked through the loop

You dress much better than the Parisians I saw!

• February 2, 2016 / 1:53 pm

I think they're onto something, no more cold neck…

In my idea of Parisians they all wear berets, though. They can have scarves too, but they have to wear them with the berets…

3. February 2, 2016 / 2:40 pm

Oh I love both Vendula bags and berets, so this is pretty much a win all round!

4. February 2, 2016 / 4:43 pm

Oh this such a sweet outfit! I have been on the "wearing a cardigan as a top" bandwagon this year and love it. It has made getting dressed super easy! Just button it up, and you're good to go!

• February 4, 2016 / 6:55 am

It's also great for cramming layers underneath, which is no bad thing in this country!

5. February 2, 2016 / 5:13 pm

Very Parisian, and simply gorgeous. Your bag adds a fun, but still very elegant, edge! Kx

• February 4, 2016 / 6:56 am

You can't beat a bit of quirk – don't want people thinking I'm too grown up now, do I 😉 x

6. February 2, 2016 / 7:13 pm

Such a sweet little parisienne outfit. I love that skirt, I could have it in my wardrobe as well and that Paloma cardigan I already have 🙂 It's one of the most comfortable cardies out there and looks so pretty. I wish I had more brooches to go with it, because alone it looks a bit boring.

• February 4, 2016 / 6:57 am

That's true, it's plain on its own but it's one of my favourite thing to put brooches on. Although I put a brooch with my new (whoops) pink one and it was so heavy it left holes behind 🙁 hoping they'll go after a wash!!

7. February 2, 2016 / 10:19 pm

You always rock berets! Actually whenever I see one now, I say to myself:"I wish I could pull these off as well as CiCi!" Alas, I think my head is too small and I look weird in them, but I am STILL on the hunt for the perfect small-head-size beret because I would love one so badly! And I love the parisian style outfit on you!

• February 4, 2016 / 6:59 am

Ha, well that's immensely flattering!! I think it's partly about finding which position works on your head too – I don't like wearing them straight. Maybe look for children's berets? I would totally do that but my head's probably too big… Would be cheaper!

8. February 2, 2016 / 10:33 pm

I'm fairly new to berets, and I'm not quite sure I've got the hang of them yet, but I have to admit I was largely inspired by how amazing you always look in yours! This is such a gorgeous look!

• February 4, 2016 / 7:00 am

I thought you looked lovely in yours this week! And shucks, as if I inspired you!!

9. February 3, 2016 / 12:09 am

You always look so chic, this is the perfect example. Do you have any tricky to keep the hat on or just good placment? I always worry in the wing that mine wlll end up in the gutter!

• February 4, 2016 / 7:01 am

Some of mine are more secure than others… I usually add a kirby grip or two at the bottom edge where they don't show, particularly if it's a windy day (and geez when isn't it?). I've never had one blow off yet…

10. February 3, 2016 / 12:27 am

I think you do look gorgeously, whimsically Parisian. There are so many cute details at play – the brooches on the cardigan (French poodle! I see what you did there), the embroidery on the bag, the subtle stripe on the skirt. This is such a fun, polished look.

• February 4, 2016 / 7:02 am

Ha, I'd love to say I'd made that connection at the time, but actually I just wanted to wear it and it's more of a coincidence!! Accidental fashion blogging genius…

11. February 3, 2016 / 9:23 am

You always wear berets so well, I love that they basically go with everything! Looking Parisian is always a positive, who doesn't want to look chic, feminine and classic with an effortless air and artistic touches. That's how i see your Parisian look anyway. X

• February 4, 2016 / 7:04 am

They do! I love that they suit many era's styles as well, they're so versatile. I'm not sure I saw my look exactly as you describe, but I'll take those compliments!!

12. February 3, 2016 / 8:40 pm

Love this outfit. The beret goes so nicely with your skirt and I love the brooch pairings on your cardigan! <3

13. February 3, 2016 / 9:04 pm

I lovee your outfit! Berets look amazing on you.

14. February 4, 2016 / 5:58 am

Ooh la la…Goodmorning CIci,
    nice outfit!
    very nie outfit!!
    super very nice outfit ! ! !
    mega very nice outfit ! ! ! !
    the dark beret & the boots are quite super stylish!
    Chapeau!

15. February 5, 2016 / 1:08 am

Beautiful!! I love the outfit and there is just something fabulous about berets, you wear the so well! Love the bag x

16. February 10, 2016 / 10:40 am

The baby blue with the white and black contrast is such a great look Cici! You are totally inspiring me with your pops of colour + black&white stylings. I think it looks super chic, and yep, Parisian indeed. 🙂 ❤