Outfit: Sunday best

I was just about to put up another bunch of pictures of me wearing denim, when I realised 3/4 of my last outfit posts had featured it in one way or another, not to mention the entire post on high-waisted jeans, so let’s look at something that’s not blue for once instead (who am I, Picasso?!)…
Regular readers have probably gathered by now that I put my outfit posts up entirely out of order. Let’s just say it’s a good thing I never change my hair, or it’d be seriously confusing. So, these photos are from a couple of weeks ago – that’s pretty recent for me! And they are evidence of something I never thought would happen: after an incredibly cold and rainy start to autumn, the weather then became really quite nice. It was like the summer we never had – well, when you count 18 degrees as summer weather, which in this country, believe me we do. I made the most of it by going out – gasp – without a coat and – gasp – not wearing tights sometimes! Note this is all in past tense as it’s back to miserable form and as I write this I’ve got my 60 deniers on.
Anyway, my mood immediately improves if it’s nice outside, which is frankly a real shame for everyone who has to put up with me in real life as most of the time it isn’t. I think it also shows in the kind of outfits I put together too. I’m not one for pink usually, so if I’m suddenly accessorising with it you know I’m full of the joys of spring/sunny autumn. I had originally pigeon-holed the weekend these photos are from as a chance to take some autumn-type photos, but it didn’t work out that way that sunny Sunday, on my way to have lunch at a lovely little pub. I was even joined by a bee in one of the photos (it’s not going to take a genius to work out which – although what would have been really funny is the shot of me then actually running from it).
By the way, I’m not enjoying my hair in these photos. I tried something new and from some angles (i.e. straight-on when I looked in the mirror!) it looked great – from others it looks like I’d stuck a big hair donut on my head. Which essentially I had… I like the outfit though so I’ve still put the photos up, donut-head an’ all.
50s style monochrome midi swing skirt, white bardot top, white headscarf, pink accessories and Erstwilder Lip Service brooch

50s style white headscarf, white bardot top and Erstwilder Lip Service brooch

50s style white chiffon headscarf and half up hair bun

Erstwilder Lip Service brooch

Banned Orient Train Case in pink

50s style white headscarf, white bardot top and Erstwilder Lip Service brooch

ASOS Summer back suedette ankle strap heels

Headscarf: eBay
Brooch: Erstwilder via Top Vintage
Belt: eBay
Skirt: New Look (similar)
Bag: Banned (check eBay, or black version here)
Shoes: ASOS ‘Summer’ (currently available in goldΒ and pink)

And yes, this is basically just my usual black and white + red, but + pink instead this time. But I got away with it, right?! Actually now that I think about it, my next outfit post was going to feature a similar colour scheme again… Clearly straight out of my blue period and into my monochrome + colour pop one πŸ˜‰

Β

1. October 8, 2015 / 12:56 pm

This is adorable! Love the colour scheme and the brooch. Looks like this is from a professional photo shoot.

• October 9, 2015 / 12:48 pm

Suzanne, that's one of the best compliments I've ever received! I struggle so much with the photography for this blog – I'm a complete novice and make it up as I go along, so hearing they look professional has made my day!!

2. October 8, 2015 / 1:35 pm

I love this outfit! It's so perfectly coordinated! LOVE it! I even love the hair, donut and all! You're too hard on yourself! It looks adorable!! =D

• October 9, 2015 / 12:58 pm

I probably am πŸ™‚ I get so frustrated when my hair isn't exactly how I pictured it would be!!

3. October 8, 2015 / 3:46 pm

This outfit is so cute, I love it! I've been loving this late summer weather we've had, October and no coat, crazy! x

• October 9, 2015 / 12:58 pm

Just goes to show this country is so unpredictable weather-wise! I will never complain about a late burst of 'summer' x

4. October 8, 2015 / 5:27 pm

I'm the same my mood is hugely affected by the weather, I shouldn't be living in the UK! Love the outfit as always, you always look so put together and classy. I am still in love with that bag, I've been trying to get it in mint green like we saw at London Edge but I can't find it anywhere πŸ™

• October 9, 2015 / 12:59 pm

I think it's bad for all of our health! Oh no on the bag. To be honest I don't think I've seen it popping up in green via any UK vendors either, now that I think about it. I'll definitely keep an eye out and let you know if I do come across it though!

5. October 8, 2015 / 5:29 pm

I like the hair donut! It looks really nice. I like how it's a bit more complicated that a donut bun or half up/half down 'do and works the scarf in well.
    And your outfit looks so easy-classic. And I'm LOVING your shoes!

• October 9, 2015 / 1:00 pm

Thanks, Emileigh – I much appreciate the donut vote of confidence πŸ™‚ I'm so glad you mentioned the shoes – aren't they FAB?! One of my best ASOS buys this year; they weren't that expensive and they fit surprisingly well/are surprisingly comfortable!

6. October 8, 2015 / 10:32 pm

Squeal!!! Absolutely, positively fantastic outfit. Everything is so totally on point here. I love that your beautiful bag, belt and brooch all match. Stellar styling. I am head-over-heels with this ensemble and wish I had the same kinds of pieces to replicate it with (alas, the hair scarf would be about as far as I'd get at present ;D).

Big hugs & happy second half of the week wishes,
    β™₯ Jessica

• October 11, 2015 / 7:09 am

I love that you love the matching too πŸ™‚ thanks again for (both!) of your lovely comments about this outfit xx

7. October 8, 2015 / 10:44 pm

THAT BAG!!! It has been on my wish list forever – but I never took the plunge since I'd never seen it on a blog first – this is often my rule when it comes to buying something I'm unsure of – wait for a blogger to post it πŸ˜€ And your hair looks great!

• October 11, 2015 / 7:11 am

Ha, glad I could help! That's a great rule actually, I like it. Note you can buy this bag in black and a sort of mint green too – the green is really pretty; I might have bought it instead if it had been available at the time. Thanks on the hair – clearly I was more conscious of it than I should have been πŸ™‚

8. October 8, 2015 / 11:36 pm

It's funny how easy it is to fall into wearing a uniform of sorts, isn't it? I know sometimes I'll look back at my last few posts and realize that I've worn the same color or silhouette or whatever every day for a week.
    But anyway, omg how f-ing cute you look!!! I feel like I say this all the time, but this might be my favorite outfit that I've ever seen on you. I know it's fairly simple, but I just feel like everything came together so well – the black and white and the pops of pink. And that shade of pink, by the way, is lovely on you. I'm really digging the accessories too, especially that lovely bag.

• October 11, 2015 / 7:12 am

I'm super guilty of uniforming! If it ain't broke… Aw, thank you on the outfit love πŸ™‚ it is simple, but the matching helps make it something amazing. It's probably 90% amazing bag and brooch though πŸ˜‰

9. October 9, 2015 / 8:46 am

You look so Parisian! And I just love the monochrome with a colour pop! If it ain't broke don't fix it I always say! Also your hair is fab, nothing wrong with the bun at all, maybe you just need to get used to it.

• October 10, 2015 / 11:47 am

Nice post and great photos…this outfit of Yours is a work of Art,it make shine Your charisma!
      ciao ciao

• October 11, 2015 / 7:13 am

I think that's right, I do need to get used to the bun! Funnily enough I just used the ain't broke saying above – there's definitely something in that πŸ™‚

10. October 11, 2015 / 4:02 am

Aw I think your hair looks cute here! This entire outfit is so classic and pretty too. I'm loving the striped skirt and your amazing lipstick pin.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

• October 11, 2015 / 7:14 am

I can't stop wearing the lipstick brooch – it somehow goes with so much and it makes me feel happy every time I wear it!

11. October 12, 2015 / 8:24 pm

Love those pops of pink with the black and white! Great skirt. Those few hot and sunny days were marvellous weren't they?!

• October 13, 2015 / 12:39 pm

I will treasure them forever…

12. October 13, 2015 / 10:26 am

Gah!! You look so stinkin' cute in this outfit Cici! I love everything from the monochrome basics to the pop of pink in your accessories. Your purse is so perfect as is your brooch. And I think your hair looks great ~ so you know, no stressing needed. ; ) ❀

• October 13, 2015 / 12:40 pm

Ok, message on hair received loud and clear. And in fact, I've decided to embrace the donut, as will be obvious from my next post! x