Outfit: walk in the park

If you ever wondered just how far I would take my love of matching, this post is basically the answer. (Ok, no one ever wondered that ever, apart from me. And I already knew the answer.)
This far. You see, I’ve got this real habit of buying accessories because I think they might go with something I haven’t even bought yet. Most of the time, it just results in things I never work out how to wear (I’ve got at least three belts I’ve never worn yet, for example). But sometimes, this backwards technique means I win at clothes. Because when I bought this polka dot headscarf, even I didn’t think I’d ever match the whole print to something else. But whad’ya know… This top, incidentally, is one of my favourite buys from this year’s Collectif summer range. And that was a tough choice, as I yet again bought most of it (and then some more because it’s all 75% off right now).
But wait, that’s not all folks. When I bought these coral sandals, how could I have known I would pick up a bag in a sale over a year later that was pretty much the exact same colour? I couldn’t, but I did! And I’d resigned myself to these shoes never matching anything I owned – which was a shame, because they are really, really comfortable.These sandals are actually the shoes I take on holidays to places where there’s actually warm weather as my walking-around shoes.
Although, it won’t take a genius to work out I’m not in the south of France in these photos – nope, just an optimistic south of England. The sandals at least looked good for a long walk in a nature park, but boy my toes were freezing. And wet, because it rained of course.
Collectif Rebel Kate jeans, polka dot daisy top, headscarf and coral accessories

Collectif Rebel Kate jeans, polka dot daisy top, headscarf and coral sandals

Collectif navy polka dot top with daisy embroidery

Navy and white polka dot top with matching headscarf

Navy and white polka dot top with matching headscarf

Collectif Rebel Kate jeans, polka dot daisy top, headscarf and coral bow sandals

Collectif Rebel Kate jeans, polka dot daisy top, headscarf and coral sandals

Navy and white polka dot top with matching headscarf

Scarf: Primark
Cardigan: H&M (old)
Top: ‘Peggy’ Collectif
Belt: New Look (currently £1.35 in sale!)
Jeans: ‘Rebel Kate’ Collectif
Shoes: Topshop (old)
Bag: Ollie & Nic (currently £12 in sale!)
And yes, these are one of the pairs of jeans from my post about the best high-waisted pairs from a few days ago, if you were wondering.

1. September 20, 2015 / 7:49 am

Love these jeans, they are extremely flattering and the buttons look great – would definitely go for a pair like these! The matching head scarve and top look fantastic together 😀

• September 20, 2015 / 7:55 am

I do love the details on them – more jeans should have cute stitching 🙂

2. September 20, 2015 / 9:01 am

I love your casual outfit – you would have thought that the scarf and top were bought together as they match so well!

The jeans look great on you as well – OK after this post and your last post, you are gradually convincing a non-jeans wearing girl that she should try a pair!

• September 20, 2015 / 10:04 am

You definitely should – there's got to be a pair out there that makes you feel great 🙂

3. Veronica
    September 20, 2015 / 9:51 am

Pssst.. You left your fly unzipped in these photos ��

• September 20, 2015 / 10:03 am

I was really hoping no one would notice… to my credit, I could have photoshopped it zipped and I didnt!

4. September 20, 2015 / 4:40 pm

I love matching! Polka dots look very pretty on you! I'm surprised you tried wearing sandals in the UK in September, that's a real gamble!

• September 21, 2015 / 12:21 pm

Ah, this was actually in late July… but I feel I was still as brave/stupid to attempt wearing sandals in summer. What foolishness!

5. September 20, 2015 / 4:52 pm

oh yes yes yes I love those accessories!! I am guilty of buying things because they're cute and not thinking about how they'd mix and match with others ahahha. Luckily when it comes to accessories or shoes I tend to go for neutral colors ahahah 🙂

• September 21, 2015 / 12:22 pm

I've been trying to make myself add more colours to my accessories… but then it just means I need more things to match them!

6. September 20, 2015 / 11:19 pm

Awesome outfit and hair! I wonder how did you get the scarf to stay in place? I've tried this hairstyle but the scarf kept slipping forward

• September 21, 2015 / 12:23 pm

Ah, just a couple of bobby pins inserted at either side of the bottom of the band, pushed in in the direction of down towards my neck… I find if I slide them in from the direction of my neck, it doesn't add the resistance needed to stop things moving around. If the scarf if super slippery I'll add in one or two closer to my ears as well 🙂

• September 21, 2015 / 12:24 pm

Thank you! My hairstyles are normally the only wind defence I have against it ending up in a complete mess, so I've had to get good at them!

7. September 21, 2015 / 10:23 am

I love those shoes! It is so satisfying when you find things that match so well!

• September 21, 2015 / 12:24 pm

I wish I'd bought the shoes in the lilac-y colour they came in too… but then I would have needed two bags 😉

8. September 21, 2015 / 12:23 pm

Such a fabulous outfit, those jeans are fantastic! Always gorgeous x

• September 21, 2015 / 12:25 pm

Yeah, just a shame they've stretched a bit too much for me now… but can get away with it with a belt at least 🙂 x

9. September 21, 2015 / 9:08 pm

I soooo adore that you're a fellow fan of matching. The harmony that such creates in an outfit can not be overstated and typically looks so chic, pulled together and glamorous – something that our stylish foremothers knew well. You are fantastic at this art, dear CiCi, and this beautiful, casual late summer ensemble personifies that fact marvelously.

Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

• September 22, 2015 / 12:05 pm

I often think of you when I'm matching my outfits 🙂

10. September 21, 2015 / 10:07 pm

This top and those shoes have me swoonin'!

11. September 22, 2015 / 11:40 am

This is really funny to me. I love that you are so excited about just how perfectly you can match things that you didn't buy together – there's something about that feeling that makes it seem like the universe is clicking into alignment. All in all, great look. I really like how the headscarf looks on you, and although I haven't read the high-waist jeans post, I'm on my way to check it out right now.

• September 22, 2015 / 12:06 pm

One of my favourite fashion feelings – that's a thing! Hope you enjoy the other post 😀

12. September 22, 2015 / 11:58 am

Those high waisted jeans are pretty sweet.

You look like you could have been on one of those old pin up calendars.

• September 22, 2015 / 12:06 pm

I don't think there's a better compliment out there!

13. September 24, 2015 / 9:57 pm

Great jeans, such lovely details. I really like the navy and coral colour combo, I will have to remember that one!

14. September 27, 2015 / 1:10 am

I love when I buy things at different times and they magically match perfectly. Sometimes I really want to be matchy-matchy so I think your matching scarf and top are wonderful. These jeans are awesome too. The button fly is such a cute detail and they're super flattering.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

15. September 28, 2015 / 2:11 pm

Lovely outfit! Coral is such a great colour.

I can't imagine buying things without anything to go with them, though I suppose I must have done at some point or I'd be wearing nothing but black…

16. September 30, 2015 / 12:06 am

I love coordinating ALLL the things ~ so I am totally down with the matching level of your outfit Cici ~ I think it's super!! 🙂 ❤