Outfit: I think I might have a summer uniform…

I’ve gone from owning no florals to suddenly having gardens-full of the things – and I have to say, I don’t know why I was ever against them. They’re just so darn pretty and what’s more, what goes with a hair flower better than a flower print? Exactly. And hair flowers have long been a staple of my summer wardrobe, just like berets are for the winter. I always feel like my outfits are more ‘finished’ if I’ve put something on the top, like a cherry on a cake… (not that anyone ever actually does that, do they?)
You’ve seen this dress before because it was a gift from Voodoo Vixen to wear at the London Edge fashion show earlier this year. That time, I gave it pink accessories rather than white and I wasn’t really loving the whole ensemble and kind of went off the dress. Turns out I love it with white and ivory though, so it’s got a new lease of life now! However, I couldn’t resist pairing it with that other essential part of my summerwear; clogs – and in this case, my new pink ones.
Ok, before anyone raises an eyebrow, I honestly wasn’t planning to get another pair this year – even I can recognise one pair per year is enough when the summer in your country lasts about two weeks. But I’m never going to turn clogs down if they’re offered – and these ones were kindly sent to me by Sandgrens. I’d never heard of them and all my previous pairs are Swedish Hasbeens, which I love, but Sandgrens pride themselves on being one of the oldest, if not the oldest, clog manufacturer in Sweden. Their styles come in a bit cheaper than Hasbeens tend to, so I was intrigued to see what they’d be like.
Mostly, Sandgrens offer lower and mid heel styles but I like my clogs to have height otherwise I feel a bit clumpy, so naturally, I chose the highest pair on the website. They’re actually higher than my ‘sky high’  Hasbeens – the tallest that the brand offers. This has meant it’s taken me some time to get used to walking in them – the first time I put them on with this dress, I felt approximately like one of the hippos in a tutu from Fantasia. I’d say they’re not really for the inexperienced clog-wearer because of the height, although I’ve gotten more used to it now. Anyway, I really love the look of these – I love the curved semi-wedge – look at it below from the back; such a sexy heel! The colour is stunning too. The fit, however, wasn’t perfect on me – I have a narrow, shallow foot and while the width was fine, the depth was a bit much on the front strap, although it’s not obvious from these photos. None of my shoes fit perfectly, but in the clog world I find Hasbeens better for my shape of foot. If you’ve got wider feet than me though, Sandgrens may just be better for you than Hasbeens, which tend to come up super slim. The length I found pretty true to size, running slightly big if anything. What I do really like about them is how far forward the front ankle strap is, and it’s wide so my foot stays in place and they really haven’t needed the breaking in process my Hasbeens have.
So there we go: hair flower + floral dress + clogs = my summer uniform, apparently!
Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress and Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress and Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs

Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs in pink

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress and Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress in black

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress in black

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress in black

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress and Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress and Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs

Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs in pink

Voodoo Vixen Tilly dress and Sandgrens Rio Grande Semi-Wedge clogs
Hair flower: ASOS (old)
Belt: New Look
I was determined to not be standing in a field for these photos, for once, but it’s so challenging finding a part of Cambridge in the summer that’s not overrun with tourists. B had long had his sights on this spot, which is a stone’s throw from the famous Fitzwilliam Museum (only a handful of metres out of shot). “Don’t worry,” he says “there’s nothing down here for tourists to see, it’ll be quiet.” Cue a group of tourists wandering into shot while they try to get photos of the plaque on the house where Charles Darwin lived. I think I should stick to fields……Or seasides – as I’m off for a short break to the coast tomorrow 🙂

1. July 22, 2015 / 12:50 pm

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the bright pink of those shoes with that dress, and your hair has been looking rather fabulous in the last few posts, you really must remind us how to do the back part of that up-do! Up-dos are like my nemesis.

Enjoy your break at the coast!

xx

• July 22, 2015 / 12:54 pm

It actually all came together and looked better than the version I'd had in my head – this dress and these shoes were made for each other! Alright, alright, I'll add the 'sort of beehive' to my list of things I'll ponder posting a tutorial for. If only tutorials didn't take so long to do! Although actually, I just came up with a fab cheat for my own 'do using a Rockin Roller sponge 😉

Thanks you 🙂 xx

2. July 22, 2015 / 1:25 pm

Ohhh don't get shy on us – I love this setting for this outfit!! What a cute outfit, too, might I add! Love the pops of pink!! Very chic!

• July 22, 2015 / 4:18 pm

It's not even so much the shyness that bothers me – I don't really want loads of people right behind me in shot; messy!! It's hard to find quieter urban places in my city… All the really nice, iconic ones are packed! Glad that you like it and the outfit though 🙂

3. July 22, 2015 / 2:46 pm

I agree with SaraLily above, I love this setting too! I wish I wasn't so shy when it comes to taking outfit photos. The downtown area near me is so cute and has a historical feel/look that I'd love to capture but I'm just too shy and my husband is a total photography noob so I am pretty sure we would look super awkward haha ah well, maybe one day I'll get the courage 😉 anyways, I love the print on this dress and I think the flower in your hair compliments it very well! 🙂

Jessica
    pyreflies.org

• July 22, 2015 / 4:20 pm

We've certainly got a lot of practice in in quieter locations before braving streets – it does help! The key is finding the places that are generally always quiet, which is a trick in itself! I can't believe I didn't think of this flower the first time I wore the dress, but I had to pick my accessories before I actually saw it that time!

4. July 22, 2015 / 4:16 pm

Lovely outfit, the pink of those shoes is fabulous!! X

• July 22, 2015 / 4:21 pm

I know right! My first truly pink shoes and I don't know where they were all my life… x

5. July 22, 2015 / 5:30 pm

I love this dress and the shoes! My wardrobe is almost all polka dots and florals.

6. July 22, 2015 / 8:10 pm

I have always LOVED this dress (and the mint version) but I never thought it would suit me because I always thought it looked extremely short – but this must just be because of the model it was on. Seeing how gorgeous it looks on you has made me realize that I need one of the Voodoo Vixen shirtwaist dresses in my life 😀

Also – this is exactly why I take photos in fields, haha! When we were in Moscow we found this cute little cafe and NO ONE was around, and started taking photos of my Collectif trench. Only for a hoard of 50 tourists to appear and decide to start taking photos in the exact same spot…some of them going and standing about 1m away from me and shoving me out of the way…And no, the cafe did not have a plaque outside it, or any historical significance…lol…
    Just so you know – I always love that you talk about your experience in a realistic way, its extremely cathartic and not something I am good at writing about myself (I sound too angry) but its always great to read about it 🙂

• July 23, 2015 / 12:39 pm

I think their models are quite tall, yep! I'm 5'1" (I thought I was taller but was measured again recently!) and it's quite ideal for me really! I could see you looking fab in it too 🙂

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets herds of tourists wandering into shot! Can't believe yours shoved you though – how rude! I never really thought about how I talk about my experiences – but I guess you're right that I do have a certain way of doing it 😉 I'm glad you enjoy it, anyway – I love anyone who thinks I write well 😀 Taking photos is one thing, but writing is always something that I'd like to be good at 🙂 x

7. July 22, 2015 / 10:41 pm

All these pinks complement each other perfectly, and your hair looks fab! Have a good time at the seaside!

Kariss x

• July 23, 2015 / 12:39 pm

I'm going to have a rainy time at the seaside, I think – but thank you!! x

8. July 23, 2015 / 4:14 am

Pretty dress, outfit, and photos! I hear you about not loving florals at first. For reasons I can't pinpoint I didn't love them either for the longest time. Now I have several floral prints because I realized while I'm allergic to flowers that should give me all the more reason to wear them haha! And yes, without a hair flower or something I too feel "naked". XO
    -Lauren Blair

• July 23, 2015 / 12:40 pm

Hair flower sisters! They make me so happy, honestly 🙂

9. July 23, 2015 / 10:17 am

Oh wow those shoes and dress are made for each other! Totally loving those shoes…I want a pair!! 🙂

• July 23, 2015 / 12:40 pm

I have very helpfully posted about them just as several sizes have gone out of stock – for which, I apologise!

10. July 24, 2015 / 4:21 am

Absolutely, positively gorgeous dress! I think that florals look breathtaking on you. I am a massive fan of florals. They're my favourite pattern (probably followed by plaid) and something that factors into my outfits every single month of the year. There endless variety, much like real flowers, is a big part of their appeal. Three excited cheers that you've fallen hard and fast fast for them, too! 🙂

♥ Jessica

• July 30, 2015 / 12:49 pm

I wouldn't say they're my favourite, but they're far higher up my list this year than they ever have been before! x

11. July 25, 2015 / 4:53 am

hello,ciao CiCi,
    great photos…
    super charming floreal outfit that is stunning on You!…and like a cherry on the cake…the Pink shoes are Perfect!…very very very nice!
    greetings

• July 30, 2015 / 12:49 pm

Every gal needs pink shoes, right? 🙂

12. July 25, 2015 / 11:23 am

What a perfect outfit! Such beautiful photos despite the charging tourists! x

• July 30, 2015 / 12:50 pm

I worry about the day when any of them mistakenly think I'm important because I'm having so many pictures taken and start snapping me too! I hope that day never comes..! x

13. July 28, 2015 / 4:01 am

Stunning! I adore the pops of bubblegum pink with the black ~ a really pretty contrast, and such a lovely look Cici! Of course, taking photos on the streets can be awkward, I hate doing it myself, but I think it was worth it! I just love this location. 😀 ❤

• July 30, 2015 / 12:51 pm

Pink and black are a match made in heaven for sure 🙂 Glad you like the location as I'm sure we'll be at similar ones this year – there's lots of places like this in Cambridge, it's just trying to find the quieter streets that don't have cars parked everywhere that's the challenge… xx

14. July 29, 2015 / 5:01 am

Oh, Lovely dress and sandals!
    I like colors of the sandals♡
    This pink is so cute!

akiko

15. August 18, 2015 / 10:30 pm

Mmmm, florals! Absolutely gorgeous! Interesting to read about the differences between the two clog brands too. I had a pair as a teenager and loved them so have been wondering about getting some again.

16. September 3, 2016 / 10:23 am

Voodoo Vixen you look so good but when you visit website our best brand in Voodoo Vixen you will be amaze and must say wow nice stuff and in Vintage and Voodoo Vixen