Outfit: flirty floral capris

You might have noticed by now that I have a thing for capris. I just can’t help feel like Audrey Hepburn when I’m wearing them, even though a penchant for cropped trousers is probably the only thing we’ve got in common… Although, the best compliment B ever gave me was after watching that recent advert where she (well, a heavily CGI version of she)Β runs around prettily eating Galaxy, when he turned to me suddenly and said “she looks like you!” (he didn’t actually know who ‘she’ was at that point – men). She quite clearly doesn’t (I think B literally meant – “you both wear ponytails and are brunettes!”), but it still made my day.

Anyway, speaking of pretty things, I’ve got some lovely capris to show you today in these photos, which were taken on an equally lovely spring day. We’ve had some surprisingly warm weather recently (actually, whenever the weather is warm here it’s a surprise) and I even dared to get my legs out, just a little bit. The surprise of these capris is who made them because it was none other than that UK favourite known for their bargain swing dresses, Lindy Bop! And like their dresses, these are also very fairly priced and come in lots of different summery colourways. I had a tough time choosing a pair as the prints were all so fun, but decided that as I’ve already got slightly crazy,Β very tropical capris I’d go for something that was a bit more toned down that would go with more in my wardrobe.

I couldn’t be more pleased with these. I thought they weren’t going to be a good fit as I was, as always, between an 8 and 10 according to the size chart, but in fact, the 10 fits perfectly (my measurements are 27″ waist, 35″ hips – but if your waist is 28″ you’d probably get into the 10). Another reason I love them? Belt loops!! I would put belt loops on everything if I could – it can make such a difference if the waist is slightly too big while the hips fit. They’re a bit stretchy and have a concealed side zip (it’s so concealed I bet you can’t even see it in the third photo, but it’s there!) and I think they’re really good value for money, as I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. The fairly high waist is also pretty flattering – my short torso and I can’t get along with super high waists (although do bear in mind I’m short, so what’s high-rise for me will be lower on others).

Oh, and yes, I did buy another pair of Hasbeens. And no, I didn’t follow my own advice about breaking them in in my eagerness to wear them with these capris. And yes, I got what I deserved on that front. And no, three pairs isn’t enough (don’t be silly).

Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review

Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review
Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review
Peach pin-up hair lily
Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review
Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review

Tortoiseshell catseye sunglasses by Peacocks
Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review

Tortoiseshell catseye sunglasses by Peacocks

Swedish Hasbeens Fredrica in white pearl
Lindy Bop Kendra Capris in navy rose print review
Hair flower: Accessorize (old)
Sunglasses: Peacocks
Belt: New Look
Shoes: Swedish Hasbeens via ASOS
What do you think? How do you feel about capris – especially colourful ones?
Β

• May 1, 2015 / 12:35 pm

Thanks πŸ™‚ I'll be sure to take a look at yours too! x

1. April 30, 2015 / 1:37 pm

I'm on the fence about capris. Sometimes I think they can make me look even shorter than I already am. I don't need any extra help in that area!

This looks super cute on you. The sunglasses are FABULOUS!

• May 1, 2015 / 12:36 pm

I definitely think that if they're not exactly the right length for you they can make you look shorter – for me that's about an inch longer than these ones are. Just looks horrible – I don't know why, but it does!!

2. April 30, 2015 / 5:08 pm

Ooh, these are fabulous, as are the sunglasses! Until a few weeks ago, I had no idea LindyBop did anything other than dresses: I'm partial to a good capri, though, so I'll have to go and have a look, as dangerous as that may be to my bank balance!

• May 1, 2015 / 12:37 pm

You'll be spoilt with choice as far as the prints are concerned (most of them are very bright!).

3. April 30, 2015 / 7:21 pm

I live in black capris all summer long. Ok, when I'm not in my skirts. I absolutely adore the idea of prints on capris (and pants, for that matter) but each time I have tried them they tend to make me look like I'm in a crazy fun house mirror and my bottom half is suddenly 3 times bigger than my top half. I'm willing to over look this unfortunate effect for my red ones but I have learned that no matter how much I love the idea of them, prints on pants don't work for me. These look amazing on you. Seriously, you look absolutely gorgeous on each and every picture.

She Knits in Pearls

• May 1, 2015 / 12:38 pm

Hmm I guess I don't have that problem because I don't carry my weight on my hips – my stomach's got that dubious honour! Such a shame if you can't get them to work on you and you love them, boo… And thank you for such a lovely comment!!

• May 1, 2015 / 12:38 pm

I guess you don't know 'til you try, but one thing I will say for them is that the length is ok on these for us shorties… x

4. April 30, 2015 / 11:30 pm

OMG CICI, I absolutely love your style. Your photos always make me so happy and remind me why I love style blogging. I would never imagine these pants would work on anyone and here yr killin' it!

• May 1, 2015 / 12:39 pm

Aw, thanks Jessica – this comment really made me smile πŸ™‚ High praise from you, considering how stylish you are!

5. May 1, 2015 / 10:04 am

Love your blog and your style πŸ™‚
    I haven't worn capris since I was 13, but they look so great on you πŸ™‚

• May 1, 2015 / 12:40 pm

Thank you! They're so fun for a pin-up style look, but I've really got to stop acquiring them now – I've got at least 3 patterned pairs!!

6. May 1, 2015 / 2:54 pm

You look delightful! I love those capris, they look beautiful on you, and just in the right height πŸ™‚
    Oh, and the Hasbeens! I wish they did a vegan version of them, I've looked everywhere…
    (then gave up and got some sandals from Asos)

~Maria☼
    (from A Golden Picnic)

• May 4, 2015 / 9:26 am

The good thing is that there's increasingly more Hasbeens copycats and surely it's only a matter of time before either they or another brand does almost identical copies!!

7. May 1, 2015 / 4:17 pm

Really love your outfit! If only I wasn't so small and could actually pull of cropped trousers. I also absolutely love your hairstyle!!

Emily x
    wondersofafairytale.blogspot.co.uk

• May 4, 2015 / 9:27 am

I'm very small too and just about manage to pull these ones off – or alternatively I roll up longer crops to just below knee length, which I find to be the most flattering on short legs πŸ™‚ x

8. May 2, 2015 / 3:11 pm

Oo check you out in your jazzy pants!! I've been eyeing these on the site but wasn't sure how long they'd be on me. I think your post has confirmed that they're perhaps not for me, as suspected, but oh how fabulous they look on you! A proper pinup look, and really comfy too I bet. And it would have been rude not to get another pair of Hasbeens seeing as how they go with everything.

Love that orange nail polish, what shade is that??

Nice to see you looking so summery!! It's rainy here today, but I'm about to get dressed up and drink martinis, we're holding a small party for the husband-to-be's birthday.

xx

• May 4, 2015 / 9:29 am

I guess on you they'd be just below knee length which is probably where they're supposed to be – I quite like capris like that so maybe you should still try them on your leggy self πŸ˜‰ They are really comfy yes – I was surprised at how comfy for something this fitted actually.

The polish is an old Nails Inc one that the name has completely rubbed off of, but they're a good bet for tropical colours like this, I bet they have something similar even if they don't sell the same shade anymore (this one must be over 5 years old).

Birthdays all round – it's mine tomorrow! xx

9. May 2, 2015 / 3:42 pm

Gorgeous! Those heels/sandals are absolutely wonderful and work a treat with these great capris. I so love that Lindy Bop keeps expanding their range of offerings. Dangerous for the pocketbook (especially if you live outside of Europe, as I do), but oh-so-kind to one's wardrobe! πŸ™‚

β™₯ Jessica

• May 4, 2015 / 9:30 am

I love that they're expanding too – they've got some great tops lately, I'd happily own most of them. And at their prices, maybe it's a remote possibility it'll happen! x

10. May 2, 2015 / 7:31 pm

You look super in these and they were perfect for that surprising warm spell well had. I have never found a good length for capris, I'm only 2 inches taller than you though so I am inspired to keep looking.

• May 4, 2015 / 9:31 am

We had… and then lost! If you're only 2 inches taller than me I bet these could work really well on you – in an ideal world I'd like them to be about 1-2 inches shorter as I think they're supposed to be closer to knee length than they are on me here…

• May 4, 2015 / 9:32 am

It is lovely, but I hadn't quite anticipated it and had to do a lot of editing in my photo software to tone down the harsh highlights!! I'll never complain about the sun coming out though πŸ˜‰ x

11. May 3, 2015 / 12:31 pm

so charming!…Yes,You're right:Capris must be colourful!
    and the Sandals blend at perfection with the outfit…so chic!
    greetings

• May 4, 2015 / 9:33 am

Glad you agree – seems like there's mixed feelings about wearing such colourful capris!

12. May 3, 2015 / 1:34 pm

I didn't know capri's were so amazing. You look STUNNING in them. Wow! x

• May 4, 2015 / 9:34 am

Thanks Angie! It's rare trousers fit me this well in any shape or form, but these really are special πŸ™‚ x

13. May 3, 2015 / 8:09 pm

You look so good! I love the capris, and I'm really digging the floral pattern here. It just gives them a little something different, it's great. The whole blue and while color scheme is so fresh and cool, you do look very Audrey here!

• May 4, 2015 / 9:35 am

I don't wear many florals, but I do think on capris it's rather nice. I'll take any Audrey compliments any day, thank you!

14. May 4, 2015 / 7:43 am

So gorgeous Cici! I am really feeling the sweet, casual vintage vibe ~ so perfect for spring and summer! The print on those capris is so fabulous, and I wish I could pull it off, but prints and horse rider thighs do not mix! (> o <) Still, I'll ride and let you wear all the pretty print pants for me. ;D ❀

• May 4, 2015 / 9:37 am

That seems to be a common theme – my lovely more pear-shaped readers are wary of wearing something this pattern heavy in trousers. I have to admit, I'm much more of an apple shape and I can take patterns on my lower half as long as they don't highlight my tummy! There's many things I don't look as good in though, so maybe I'm allowed this one πŸ˜‰ xx

15. May 5, 2015 / 12:44 pm

Those are fun! I think you look wonderfully springy/summery. With our temps getting to the mid 20's this week it's finally time to start putting together some summer outfits!( Crazy Canadian weather, it was snowing 2 weeks ago.)

• May 7, 2015 / 12:17 pm

It's a pretty similar story here – I wasn't wearing anything this skin exposing the last couple of days when it was pouring with rain and extremely windy!

16. May 5, 2015 / 1:09 pm

You do look a little like Audrey Hepburn! I totally see the vibe you're putting off there. I love the capri's on you and with a classic white top no less and Swedish Hasbeens are my jam! I have yet to buy a pair but I'm totally going to. I can't figure out if I want a plain color (that goes with everything) or a fun color. Hmmmmm. Love the post!
    xoxo
    Taylor

• May 7, 2015 / 12:19 pm

Well, Taylor, I officially love you now πŸ™‚ If I can give you any advice on the Hasbeens question let me know, I've got three pairs now… I'd advise you either get a netural colour or you get a solid bold colour like red that puts a fun touch to outfits (I find myself wearing my red ones more than my beige or white pairs!). If you want them to go with lots I'd avoid the ones they've released this year that are multi-coloured… xx