But first (or skip this bit if you want to get straight to the outfit shots!), photographers - and bloggers - talk about the 'golden hour' for taking photos - that point when the sun just starts to set and everything is bathed in warm, but less harsh, light. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? But the truth, dear readers, is far from lovely... The truth is:
- Running around a busy town in Spain trying to find somewhere among the tall, shadow-casting buildings to find enough light...
- ... That also didn't have c.10 curious Spaniards in the background...
- ... or giant wheelie bins
- ... or really, very, very ugly graffiti that was probably also very offensive (my Spanish doesn't extend much beyond 'hola', so let's just assume it was)
- Holding every awkward pose without breathing for several seconds to make sure your poor camera has enough time to suck in as much light as it can and you don't have several limbs in full action blur, despite standing still
- Ignoring several amused passers by who stare openly at you while wondering why you're standing on one leg for what seems like a very long time, looking intently at a nearby tree (and it's not like you have the Spanish to explain what you're up to, if they asked)
- Racing against the clock as it gets darker with every minute, meaning photos towards the end of the batch feature ever more intently staring - i.e. full on grumpy - facial expressions
- Despite all this effort, still getting 'noisy', blurry photos at the end of it.
Anyway, despite the slight blur and shadow issues, some of the photos did turn out well enough to share with you the Collectif two-piece I'd been waiting all summer to wear (before giving up and putting it in my suitcase instead). This set is not only very comfy cotton, the straps adjust (and have little bows!), the cups actually fit my bust for once, and the skorts are uber flattering as the skirt part skims over your tummy. The perfect outfit for an evening in the Mediterranean... and stands up wonderfully to pacing it all over a lively Spanish town.
Shoes: Swedish Hasbeens (try Soletrader)
Hopefully my efforts were just about worth it!
Follow me at Bloglovin' ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Pinterest