Outfit: gypsy top and a bookish bag

I’ve realised I’ve been stockpiling new summer clothes for those four weeks in the UK (tops) we’re actually able to wear them. Something I’ve now acquired three of (three!) is gypsy tops. I’ve clearly had some sort of lack of shoulder exposure crisis in my subconscious.
Along with lovely loose-fitting and a little bit provocative tops for the hot weather that never comes, I’ve also got a new bag to show you today and it’s very special indeed (with far better cost per use). It beautifully marries my love of red accessories with my love of books. (For those of you who don’t know, my day job is in book publishing – and you don’t work in publishing for the money!)
A red book bag needs matching shoes, lipstick, nails and hair flower for the perfect warm weather ensemble. Which in this case was for a picnic in the park.
Disaster Designs book bag
Jeans: ASOS (Rivington – all available colours)
Sandals: Swedish Hasbeens (via ASOSΒ – currently on sale!)
Bag: Disaster Designs (viaΒ Modcloth)
Hair flower: Retro Vixens
This post reminded me how time-consuming it is to take your own blog photos and not have a helpful boyfriend snapping away for you. Not to mention much less scenic. First world problems. Thankfully this situation will be rectified as we’re off for a long weekend by the sea. The very cold, rainy sea – this is the UK, after all, and the forecast is as reliable as ever!
Β

1. June 26, 2014 / 3:40 pm

What a pretty look on you! I don't wear those kind of tops, I have this mental idea that they don't suit me, yet have never tried one. On you that style is fabulous, and I love all the red accessorising of course! Hope you have a wonderful rainy weekend by the sea, it'll still be great x

• June 30, 2014 / 7:34 pm

I think wearing these tops is all about pairing them with things that you would normally wear – and the great thing is the shoulders can be worn up or down when they're this elasticated! So funny you have the same hair flower πŸ™‚ x

2. June 26, 2014 / 6:30 pm

I love how you've styled this- Those red heels Swedish Hasbeens and that bag are beautiful! (you can never have too much red in an outfit!) x

• June 30, 2014 / 7:34 pm

My thoughts exactly πŸ˜‰ x

3. June 26, 2014 / 6:42 pm

This is really cute! I can't get over that bag. I've seen a number of those "book" bags recently, and they're chipping away at my will not to spend any more money. I feel like it would just be so perfect for a nerdy girl like me (provided, of course, that they're large enough to actually fit a book).

• June 30, 2014 / 7:35 pm

I think mine would fit a small book… but it definitely fits my Kindle and therefore my whole library these days so it's a winner in my eyes!

4. June 28, 2014 / 6:26 pm

Me again – had to say that I've just realised I have that EXACT same hair flower!! x

5. July 1, 2014 / 12:35 pm

You've definitely got me wanting a gypsy top of my own – and a pair of Swedish Hasbeens *swoon* πŸ™‚

• July 1, 2014 / 12:48 pm

Both are great additions to any summer wardrobe πŸ˜‰