It’s very bright and pulls ever so slightly more orange on me than these pictures are showing, but if you’re after a very warm, matte red this is the lipstick for you. It’s a very similar colour to Mac So Chaud, but with a nicer, less drying (although still somewhat) texture and easier application.
- Feels lovely on – hardly notice you’re wearing it
- Incredibly easy to apply because of the pencil shape
- Strong colour, wears pretty well
- Expensive (£17.50)
- Shows up lip imperfections – if you’re even slightly flakey, it’ll tell the whole world
- A bit drying after a few hours – a primer is a good idea
- Requires a sharpener when run down (and anything but a Nars one will waste too much product)
Well worth trying if you can afford it and want to expand your matte orange-red lipstick collection (what, doesn’t everyone have one of these?).