I'm a total sucker for every new lipstick range going - but it's definitely worse when it's a matte range! I'm usually a bit skeptical of long-wear stuff, going on past experience where it flakes off and/or is super sticky or is so drying half your lip peels off by the end of the day (ew). But still, couldn't resist this range for two reasons: 1) a great colour choice with many pinks and reds to choose from and 2) Boots' buy 1 get 1 half price offer!
Generally, I'm a huge fan. I don't understand reviews I've read where they say this lipstick is sticky - my hunch is they're literally trowelling it on and not waiting for it to dry. A simple layer, blot if you want, and you're good to go for hours.
Plus, I simply adore the colour of this lipstick - a matte warm pink - these aren't easy to find. The boy was very taken with it and even happier when he didn't end up wearing any of it (eh-hem).
- Gorgeous tropical pink colour
- After some initial slight stickiness, the lipstick dries and you honestly forget you have it on
- It isn't drying! A matte lipstick that isn't drying!
- Incredibly minimal transfer - but especially after it's 'set'; it doesn't budge!
- The most long-wearing lipstick I own - needs a top up after a big meal, but only displays minimal damage even then
- Packaging - very unique and easy to find the colour you're after in your bag
- Bullet shape - it's that blunt-ended shape I hate because it makes precise application tricky
And, er, that's all I can really think of to say on the bad points. Is it clear yet that I love this lipstick? If they had colour dupes of my other favourite Nars, Mac, etc, I honestly would go and buy them all, just to finally be able to eat a sandwich without spreading most of my lipstick to my chin for once (I don't know why that always happens to me, only that it does).
A most excellent choice for staying put during the working day - stay tuned for a review of a lighter, coral pink to come.
Follow me at Bloglovin' ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram