Another day, another lipstick review! This time another great daytime colour - Dolce Vita Velvet Matte Lip Pencil by Nars. (Also, Happy Valentines Day!)
This is a good little daytime light pink/red that would probably work best with cool-toned skin tones. It's quite close to most people's natural lip colours so it really is quite a subtle choice. My favourite daytime pink is still Rockalily's Vintage Vixen.
I'd definitely like a few more of these pencils, but first, to win the lottery!
- Lovely texture - not drying or cakey, which is a real rarity for matte products!
- Truly is matte, not a hint of shine
- Pencil makes it super easy to apply
- Expensive (£17.50)
- Requires a pencil sharpener - probably means you're wasting product every time you sharpen
- Very slightly 'slidy' - the texture is almost a bit balmy and as such I find it quite easy to smudge
Follow me at Bloglovin' ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Pinterest