I’m always looking for crafty ideas that I can try and make some pocket money from.
I came across this idea when I was perusing Pinterest (oh I do love to peruse Pinterest… in case you hadn’t noticed!)
It’s such a simple idea and one I think could take off if I package it nicely and include a token piece of chalk for the sender 😉
Chalkboard Cards – blank on the front for your message.
What you will need:
Light coloured marker
1. Draw whatever silhouette shape you want as your ‘chalkboard’ on the front of your card
2. Paint the silhouette shape with chalkboard paint (don’t use water with the paint, or it won’t work as well)
3. Leave the chalkboard paint to dry
4. I put a message at the top of the card in gold pen (I chose gold on brown because I didn’t want my message to be too obvious, but thought it would be fun to have ‘blank for your message’ on the front)
5. Write your message on the front using coloured chalk.
And the best thing is, if you change your mind about your message, you just rub it out and start again!
So quick and simple. I think it would probably work better with blackboard spray paint and proper stencil, but not bad for a first go.